ReNamer is a small, simple looking batch file renamer that is considerably more powerful than it looks.
First things first. Although ReNamer is easy enough to use, its wealth of renaming options is considerable and definitely aimed at the more advanced user. The ReNamer interface, however, is simple to navigate - the top section is where you define your renaming rules, and below is where you add the files and preview the results.
The number of renaming options available with ReNamer is truly impressive. From simple prefixes and extension changes to stripping content out of brackets and programming your own renaming rules, it can do pretty much anything you throw at it. It also goes without saying that ReNamer easily handles batch renaming.
What's more, ReNamer is Unicode capable, can rename folders as well as files, and supports a selection of meta-tags. There's a good help document which contains a getting started guide, it integrates into Windows' context menus and last, but not least, has full configuration options.
Quite simply, ReNamer is one of the best advanced-use batch renamers we've ever seen.
- Added ability to save Filter Settings together with a Preset;
- Added split panel in status bar to display current preset and modification sign;
- Added dialog for creating links to all presets, with load and rename options;
- Integrated dEXIF libraries to parse EXIF tags (works on problematic JPEG files);
- All EXIFtags should work on TIFF files too, alternatively to TIFFtags;
- Added 5 IPTC tags: ObjectName, Caption, Headline, Location, City;
- Fixed problem with setting the files date on Windows 9x platforms (v5.10 bug);
- Fixed access violation when importing file paths and new names (v5.xx bug);
- Fixed bug which stopped the largest binary signature from being detected;
- Updated binary signature detection to support Unicode filenames;
- Added IntToHex, HexToInt and HexToIntDef functions to PascalScript;
- Added Base64Encode and Base64Decode functions to PascalScript;
- Added a script to encrypt filenames using XOR-BASE64 algorithm;
- Option to highlight changed names is now case sensitive;
- Added "fix conflicting new names" option to the Options menu;
- Added shortcuts to buttons in PascalScript rule;
- Added "none of the above" option to Case rule;
- Fixed few spelling mistakes;